Saturday, May 22, 2010

Good Food

I did some cooking today! You know, follow a recipe and make something special! And that's a relatively rare thing for me. And I was so pleased with the food I made I wanted to share the two recipes with you!

Mexican Chicken Lasagne from the Australian Institute of Sport's cookbook Survival for the Fittest. I added a whole heap of spinach leaves to this and also had some tofu left over so I chopped that up and added it as well. This recipe was easy to prepare and there is so much of it. They divide the nutrition information into 4 and 6 serves and you'd have be awfully hungry to eat this in 4 servings! I love all AIS recipes because they do make lots and we always have leftovers. They are also simple and fast and so far, none of them have sucked!

(For the Canadians out there, capsicum is a bell pepper, and minced = ground)

The other recipe I made was Susie Burrell's version of Banana Bread. Banana Bread is a delightful treat in my opinion, but can be a bit bad for you, so I like that this is a healthier version with less sugar and fat than usual, but still tastes great! And again, quick is good!

(For the Canadians out there, self raising flour is just plain flour that has 2 tsp of baking soda per cup of flour. I have noticed that the flour in Canada and Australia are a bit different, so I don't know how successful this will be without a little experimentation.)

Anyway, hope you like these recipes and I do recommend you browse the sites. The cookbooks from AIS are awesome for non-cookers and really active/busy people and worth the approx $10. They also tend to be pretty nutritionally complete on their own, so you don't usually have to fuss with a salad or extra side dish if you don't have time.

Bon Apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment