Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'm a Magpie

I like toys and gadgets and nice things. I regularly deny myself these things, but it's fun to think about them, and maybe even save up and get one of them one day.  Here's a few items that I have on my wish list. Some of them in reach and others not so much!  Some of these might end up being reward items...

Bike:
Wind Trainer - so I don't have to ride outside
Lights  - so I can in safety
Also need a few spare parts, new pedals and some winter woolies, good gloves and a better helmet.

Horse:
Endurance Saddles - another custom made product that would be marvellous, but the $$ !!
Exercise Quarter Sheet - too keep the rain and the cold off us both in the winter!
Polar Equestrian Heart Rate Monitor System - just plain cool!
Saddle Rack - (I have four saddles and they all sit on the backs of chairs in the spare room... not a single proper place to hang one of them!)
Safety Reflective Riding Gear - just common sense really
Saddle Packs - there are a million styles, just a matter of testing and trying different ones to suit saddle and needs.
Saddle Pads - a semi-local lady who custom makes saddle pads.  I want the Endurance one near the bottom. Pricey though...

Running:
Treadmill - I'm not entirely fussed on the machine or brand, but do want one with a hill program.
Garmin GPS Training Watch - These are just the bomb. They tell you all sorts of stuff, from bicycle cadence, mapping your runs, and managing your workouts on multiple exercises (running, cycling, horse riding, kayaking, etc). Just the ultimate training toy, really!

Rogaining:
Hiking Boots - we have got to stop doing these events in our running shoes! They just don't cut the mustard! Both Mat and I need hiking boots. After that we can get a few other items.  We need a second camelback/daypack and maybe a waist pack for shorter events. A better compass for Mat, and/or a very nice luminescent night compass.  There are lots of great outdoor clothing items that are fast trying and tear resistant which would also be nice.

Paddling:
Kayak - it will be very hard to do this leg without a kayak.... this has to be a priority purchase. Saving saving saving!

Other gadgets:
Muve by Gruve - What a cool little gizmo!  Is there nothing that can't be computerised these days?
Kindle - I like books!  So I say that's my excuse for wanting this new and cool toy!

Anyway, feast your eyes on a bit of retail eye-candy!

What's on your wish list?

No comments:

Post a Comment