Monday, June 28, 2010

Marvellous Monday

Well, despite a two hour delay to getting the morning underway (don't ask), I still managed to get in a few good workouts!

First, in between loads of laundry and feeding animals, I squeezed in 40 minutes of 'spinning' on my lovely mag trainer.  I wore my shorts - so much better! I had my pumpin' spin music, and I had my notes on what to do to have the best stationary bike workout possible.

Wow!  I was working my butt off!  I was DRIPPING with sweat!  I can honestly say sweat was flinging off my body!  I could NOT do another four tracks, I was too tired!  The other day, I thought maybe I could say that 35 minutes of steady going should count for one whole session, but there is no way I can accept that now!  This morning's ride was a real workout, and will count as "one".  I probably won't ever get the intensity up to that level while watching tv, so duration will definintely have to increase to get the benefits.  What a huge difference!  I'm still astonished by that session!

Then I ran around a did a few quick things in town (all sweaty still from my ride! Iew, people must think I'm really gross), and headed to the gym for a 5km run on the treadmill.  I was going to do it outside, but the weather looked like it was going to turn very nasty, and why suffer when you don't have to?  I did some speed intervals, because the new treadmill with the hill program is broken (after only one week!) and worked up to 11.5km per hour.  It made me think I might have the potential to run faster than my current average of 10km per hour.  New targets and goals all the time!

Then this evening I did Body Balance! I put a lot of effort into my workout!  I love the stretching and stabilising, especially after the weekend of rogaining, plus today's great workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment