Saturday, July 17, 2010

Body Clock - Another Neat Link

I don't know if you can download the show from the website, but this was a really interesting program about your body clock, and generally about the 24 hour cycle of body rhythms.  When we're best at things, and worst at things.

http://www.sbs.com.au/documentary/program/secretlifeofyourbodyclock/about/synopsis

Interestingly enough, one of the points made was about how important light is in encouraging us to be 'morning people' or 'night owls' and that wearing sunglasses in the morning can start to adjust your clock to a later time (if you happen to get out of bed way too early) and that wearing sunglasses in the afternoon can encourage you to go to bed earlier, and therefore rise earlier.

I was wondering then, what happens when your glasses are auto-tinting and always tint whenever exposed to sunlight, as mine do? Are my glasses in fact encouraging my body clock to always be on the lookout for a nap?  Have my morning wakeup problems actually be exacerbated by the fact that I spent a ridiculous amount of money on a pair of glasses that are meant to protect my eyes from harmful UV rays?

An interesting conundrum, yes?

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment