Saturday, October 2, 2010

October 1 - 29 days to go

Let the countdown begin.

So, despite my meltdown and fears and serious concerns that I am not likely to complete, I have talked to enough people who convinced me of what I already knew: I have to try!

So, although Friday didn't involve any exercise (uh oh) and I ate two Crunchie bars and the most decadent piece of Vanilla Mud Cake EVER, with a Chai Latte, and hot chips (fries) for dinner instead of the delicious tofu stir fry I had planned....

DESPITE all that, I am still determined to TRY!

I couldn't sleep most of the night, I was going over and over the movie of the event in my mind. I was trying to imagine how it would feel, right down to getting snappy with people because I'm tired and hungry and sore. I imagined how hard it would be to move my arms and the feeling of pulling on track pants over wet legs. It certainly didn't put me to sleep, but it does lock into my mind the clear idea that this is going to be one of the hardest things I have ever done, but that I can do it.

Graeme said to me, "It's your first time. It's a monster event. You've trained. Your objective should just be to complete, and who cares if you come dead last? The point is that you are able to finish!"

I should be able to get into the pool this weekend to see what my arm feels like and figure out what, if any, modifications I might need to make to my swim technique.

I hope to be able to post each day to let you know how things are going as I count down to the final day. Get ready for lots of successes, failures, freakouts and meltdowns! Anything can happen in the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment