Thursday, October 21, 2010

Still no strapper...

Well, now I'm starting to get nervous.

A strapper is absolutely essential to ensure the wellbeing of my horse. Not that Mat can't do it, it's just that he's not likely to have time with all his other responsibilities! And I did a few more calculations, and I don't think I'll even be able to dress TK prior to the ride as I originally had hoped, because I'll probably be cutting it too fine for time if I want to eat something solid and still swim without puking.

I have a couple of people on my list I can still try, but, unfortunately they are people I am less confident about. Not that they can't do it, just that they have so much less experience that it will take a lot more work to have them ready and feeling confident about a horse they don't know and a sport they have barely heard of. And that's assuming either of them agrees. And it's only 9 days from the event!

I also have one person I will go back and ask again, because I've heard a faint whisper there may be a change in her original plans. Maybe she can squeeze me in afterall?

And another I can BEG and cry to, and if worse comes to worse she will cancel her Hallowe'en party to help me. But that seems a bit harsh.

Finally got ahold of my last few relatives last night to see if they were coming. They are coming, but the 'when' is a bit of a question due to work commitments. They will be there by the afternoon sometime for sure. That's cool! A few more people to cheer me past the finish line!

The Show is on this weekend, and things start to fire up at work, with zillions of people coming and going now. I have Pump and Attack training tonight with Kirsty and a few others, as we are doing a demo for the Show, one at 11ish and one at 4ish.

After that, Mat and I are heading to either Albany, Margaret River or Bunbury to paddle on Sunday and Monday. I'd like to pin this down very quickly, so we can make the necessary arrangements, but we can be very indecisive! I think. :P

Probably won't be able to squeeze in a run or bike tonight, must get groceries before training. There's only so much rice, beans and frozen veg you can eat before you think, "seriously, how hard is it to buy a bit of food?"

Off to feed the animals and get ready for work!

No comments:

Post a Comment