Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Bareback Ride

Rode TK for 30 minutes bareback. It wasn't our best effort. We just rode in the paddock, and Nero was there, so TK was all distracted and obstinant, though we still had *my* ride and not *his* ride, which would have been no ride at all or a big hoon with Nero, and I would have likely been knocked off in some trees along the way :).

TK was also was showing those same signs of back soreness, tossing head, swinging it back at my legs, as he shows when under saddle. Maybe it's just frustration and annoyance with being ridden? Perhaps he'll do better on his own, and away from Nero. Sometimes that's made him stressed and other times he's seemed more focused, but I'm thinking alone is the better option anyway, as he'll need to be able to do that on endurance rides and at events.

I am going to be signing up to a riding club that focuses on green horses, and I'm hoping I'll learn alot from them. With any luck those lessons will give *me* more focus! I'm more of a saddle on, out in the bush kinda girl, but TK still needs all sorts of basics installed. He's a good boy, and will do really well, I just don't want to muck him up!

No comments:

Post a Comment