Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Rewarding Yourself

I know I am "overblogging" - four posts in one day is a bit silly, and I promise the novelty will wear off and I'll hardly write a thing :)

But in the meantime, I wanted to share a motivation thing I have started using. Reward is a really important part of meeting your goals. And I really like "things" ... you know, gadgets that record things, play things, exercise DVDs, horsey stuff I don't really need, bike toys and nice workout clothes (check out gaiam.com.au for organic cotton yoga wear... very nice), and I decided that rather than just spending money all willey nilley (since we don't really have all that much to throw around), I would earn it.

Yup, I'm paying myself to exercise. $1 per session! Doesn't sound like much, but I'm earning about $9 a week already. Not long before I have $29.95 saved up and get a great new yoga dance fusion workout video!

Nothing feels as good as earning it!

How do you reward yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment