Friday, April 30, 2010

Miscommunication?

So, Thursday morning, Trish and were going to run 9km. We would leave her house at 6:45 am, and with any luck be done in under an hour, giving me 45 minutes to get organised for work.

This was our first run together, and I didn't know how we would go, so I spent some time mapping out a course that had an escape point at 6km, 8km and a full 9km run, that way we could get back sooner if something went wrong, or if we were behind pace, or just too sore. I set out my running clothes on the foot of the bed so I wouldn't have to rummage around. I had water and a little breakfast bar for an energy boost organised. And since I was really excited, I kept waking up hoping I didn't miss my alarm.

Up I was at 6am. Dressed, hydrated, food in... wandering around the house waiting till a reasonable time to get in the car to get to her house... and finally it's time! Off I go!

I park in front of her house. No movement. I've forgotten my phone... pooh. So much for organised. Guess I'll have to do it the old fashioned way.

I knocked on the door.

Nothing.

Hmm... little dog... make the dog bark... "Hello little doggie." Yapping dog...

No movement about the house.

Sit in the car for a few minutes. Surely she'll have heard that and is just running a minute behind.

...

Knock more firmly on the door this time.

Nada.

Back to car... and ever so tentatively, honk the horn.

*toot*

(SHAME)

Nothing!? Is she here? Maybe she went to the rec centre? Did we have a miscommunication?

I drive back home, text her. No reply.

By this time I can only squeeze in a 5km run, which did me just fine! 9km might have been a stretch anyway! :)

I got home and there were two texts and a missed call from her. She didn't hear her alarm and slept right through! hehe

Poor girl felt so bad she bought me a large chai latte! Now that's a nice treat!

We'll try again on the weekend for a long run, and this time we'll set it for a reasonable hour. 8am Sunday I think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment