Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sleeping In

Well, the alarm went off like it was supposed to, and I even woke up and thought about getting up and going for that ride at 6:20am with Helen and Sue. But then I thought "it's too dark and I don't have a light" and the next thing I know it's an hour and a half later and damn, no ride, and running short of time.

So I did go for a ride in the end, and because I was pressed for time, I decided to go out Katanning-Kojonup Road (it's a nice ride with some good hills) and I would ride for time, about 20-30 minutes out, depending on how I was feeling, and scoot back in so I could get to my appointment on time. Turns out I could have gone a little longer, could have done the whole 20km because the trip back in was so much better. I swear there was twice as many downhills on the way back, and there was a tail wind ... love a tail wind!

But I went only 16.14km. Did I sell myself short? Was I satisfied with that?

Well, I was satisfied with the fact that I went out, and didn't just toss the ride in the bin since it was my own darn fault I was behind schedule. I'm satisfied that I did a challenging ride and didn't woos out on an easy ride. I know my legs worked hard today! But I think I did cop out a little. I think I did allow myself to not have to do one more hill, and turned around a few minutes too soon.

But now I have to get running to an appointment, and then find time to squeeze in an 8km run before work. Don't know how I am going to do that, but I'll figure out a way!

No comments:

Post a Comment